[DML] Re: Air Conditioning / Clicking Noise

[DML] Re: Air Conditioning / Clicking Noise

Mark, thanks for your input.
I'm thinking of replacing the AC clutch on my 85 van (It's dead). I was
talking to my local Auto-Zone manager and he's the one that told me about
the R-134a. His price was considerably less for the R-134a then the R-12.
I asked if I would have to replace any other parts in the system, he told
me I would only have to drain the old system, and refill w/ R-134a. I'm
glad that this issue came up here as I'm sure he wouldn't mind me comeing
back in a year for another A/C compressor. His ignorance would effect my
pocket book greatly. I guess it all comes back to.... Talk to your
FRIENDLY DMC mechanic when you want it done right... even if the job is on
another vehicle! ;)
Again, thanks, you saved me a bunch of money, and possibly some other
DMC owners. I'm sorry for sugesting the R-134a
-=mike=-
restoring VIN #702

| http://www.poulincomm.com |
| http://www.WWJP.com |