[DML] Re: Brake Noise PLEEZ Make it Stop!!!

[DML] Re: Brake Noise PLEEZ Make it Stop!!!

TO ALL,
Why and how do your brakes squeal?

Rub your finger in a circular motion around the top of a drinking glass,
you should be able to hear a squealing noise. A different size glass or
glass thickness, the amount of oil on your finger, water hardness, even
room humidity will effect the pitch. The physical properties regarding
brake squeal are the same.

Over the years we have heard and seen many solutions to this problem. New
anti squeal shims, turning rotors, changing pads, metalized vs.non
metalized pads, anti squeal sprays and goos, even cutting slits in the
pads. Amazingly all of these items will work, the problem is you don't know
which one will until you try it.

Here is what we do. If the pads are worn, we just change them out. We have
found that the pads from the DeLorean parts suppliers are less likely to
squeal than from the local auto stores. We have also found that Permatex
Disc Brake Quiet really works.

DMC Joe / DeLorean Services / <dmcjoe@xxxx>
Web Site: <http://www.deloreanservices.com>

----------
> From: Dave Price <davep2@xxxx>
> To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [DML] Re: Brake Noise PLEEZ Make it Stop!!!
> Date: Monday, May 24, 1999 9:33 AM
>
> > any posts on any solutions. I have a really annoying brake noise
problem.
> > During slow braking or when the brake pedal is partially applied
> > (moving about 1 or 2 mph) the brakes will squeel unbeleivably, the
slower

> I've got the same issue and dont think there is much that can be done..
You