[DML] Re: DMC in Miami Vice...

>I remember talk here on the DML of a DMC used by a drug dealer on Miami
Vice but only can find one reference to Miami Vice in the back issues. Does
anyone know which episoed the DMC was in? The title of the episode, what it
is about, the episode number, air date any thing like this will help.

>Michael Pack, you study film - have you any idea?
>
>Thanks to all in advance.
>Shannon Yocom
>VIN# not yet!

As a big Miami Vice fan, I can tell you that DeLoreans were used in numerous
episodes of Vice (According to my friends on the Miami Vice mailing list),
however I have only seen 4th season episodes (the damn network only shows
the same eps over and over - I wish they'd get some new ones already!) and
there is only one ep in that season which has a DeLorean.

The episode is "Indian Wars", and like I said, it's from the 4th (1987/88)
season of Miami Vice. It's about some young rebell indians from a
reservation intercepting drug deals and making off with all the drugs. The
scene with the DeLorean goes something like this:

The scene starts with a shot from behind the DeLorean, looking down its
right side, then the door opens and a drug dealer's henchman steps out (with
an Uzi in hand - never leave home without one). Then, Lt. Castillo (Edward
James Olmos) rocks up in his Lamborghini, which is part of his 'cover' as a
dealer. Castillo ignores the henchman and walks over to the DeLorean as the
other drug dealer opens the left-side door and gets out. The dealer and
Castillo have a conversation, all the while the DeLorean can be seen in the
background. Although, that same dealer end up face-down in a fish tank later
in the episode, so the DeLorean doesn't make any other appearances.

The scene lasts for about a minute, and from what I can tell the DeLorean
appears to be an '81 model, with the lines on the hood.

I'm not sure what episode number it is, or when it will air in the US, but
if you check out http://www.vice-files.com you might be able to find out.

R. Haslewood,
Sydney Australia
www.zip.com.au/~delorean/