[DML] Re: The Shimmy Shake

> I've had my front wheels balanced twice now and I still feel a shimmy
> between 55 and 70 MPH, once I hit 88 it goes away:-)

I'm convinced that not all DeLorean wheels were perfectly round or mabe
it's the way tires bead to those rims but I've had similar problems all
through the years that I've owned mine. I finally found a great tire shop in
my area that balanced them on the car. While doing this they discovered run
out that they couldn't get rid of no matter where the tire was rotated on
the rims. They trued the tires with a machine that removes a slight bit of
tread where the high spots were and rebalanced them on the car. The result
was a smooth as glass ride. One of the problems is that, with the rear
engine configuration, the front end is pretty light on this car and it's
susceptible to more minor balance problems than most front engine cars.

Bruce Benson

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews