[DML] Re: Painted DeLoreans...

 Hello All,
Before this thread gets killed let me say this. I just spoke with a GM of one of the largest DeLorean Dealerships in the south. He asked to remain nameless. He gave me this info on the painted DeLoreans. There were 4 DeLoreans that Mr. Ben Byrd had painted. They were used as company cars driven by DMC employees and eventually sold to dealers with NO warranty. My source got the Black one. The 4 DeLoreans were painted (1)Black (1)Red (1)Yellow and (1)White. The wheels were also painted to match the cars with the slots painted and the tops polished and clear coated.
To find out if your DeLorean was painted by the dealer look on the Bill of Sale and see if it has a "Painted Option". If any DeLorean came from the factory painted it will have a "Painted Option" on the window sticker. My source and I firmly believe that no DeLorean had/has this.
Now, with the title saying "Black", my source told me he sold DeLoreans with the title saying "Black" in reference to the color of the interior. He did this with both black and grey interiors. A little misleading (to be sure) but not unethical.
The only real options available on the DeLorean was the tranny. Auto or Stick. And the color of the interior.
If anyone has questions further on this topic or any other please e-mail me privately and I'll find out what you need to know.
Sorry this got soo long but I wanted to set the record straight.
Thanx,
The DMC Wannabe.
No VIN yet!!!:(
P.S. Be watching for a post I will soon be posting on How to **Properly** paint a DeLorean. My post will be coming from the people who wanted to paint DeLoreans for DMC.

That's an interesting topic of discussion Kayo. All I can do is be judged by the community regarding my car. All I can add is that when I bought my car, the title said black. So, I'm assuming it was painted prior to delivery. I would like to find out someday. If anyone can help me do this, please let me know. Thanks. ---Dan

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews