[DML] Delorean in Storage

I'm looking at buying an '81 that has beengaraged (no rust) for the most of it's life.  The owner is the second owner since '83 and she said she drives it once a week to keep the battery charged.  The owner claims that she also keeps the gas tank full after they drive it.  I havn't seen the car yet but she says it's in almost perfect condition and runs great.  She bought the car in '83 with 4000 miles.  She said there is a small crease on one of the body panels as if someone hit it with a car door.  Other than that it is in good condition.

I am looking to buy this car as an 'everyday driver'.  It has about 16,000 miles on it and is a 5-spd.  Does anyone have any suggestions about what to look for on a car in this situation (any problems that come up as a result of it sitting so much and not driving)?  Would you recomend this car as an everyday driver?

Thanks

Matt

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/group/dmcnews