Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 00:42:35 +0100
From: Martin Gutkowski <martin.is@xxxx>
To: dmcnews-digest@xxxx
Subject: Turned Over Car

Another post that disappeared. I got an e-mail vie the DOC site from a
lady in the US with a rather unique problem, but I warn you, it'll make
you annoyed - it did me!

The following are the two e-mails she sent me: Any advice would be
appreciated.

Dear Sir/Madam,
My name is Claire Lowe and I have a 1981 Delorean. The thing is that
someone tipped it onto its roof last night and I am at a bit of a loss
as to how to go about getting it repaired. The car is currently in
Michigan State and as I am an exchange student here from Ireland, I
really have no clue as to where to start. Any advice would be most
appreciated.

<<my reply>>

> > Hi there Claire,
> > I'm really sorry to hear about your car - I presume you mean it's
now
> damaged on the roof (?) ie the doors and T-bar, louvers and maybe the
> quarter panels are in need of attention?
>
> If you have to get it done in the US, then it's a trip to DeLorean One
or
> DMC houston, or PJ Grady's (see links on my site). If it's coming back
to Ireland > with you, bodywork damage can be repaired a lot cheaper
here.

> How on earth did you manage to roll it??? It's the first time I've
heard
> of this happenning!

<<and in response>>

Dear Martin,
Thanks for replying. I am not sure if you would have heard about the
riots at
Michigan State University but that is how the car got tipped over. A
bunch of
inebriated students turned it onto its roof and then subsequently took
photographs of themselves as they stood on top of it. The car is
currently at
an impound in East Lansing, Michigan, awaiting removal to a garage. The
doors
still work but I'm not really sure of the extent of the damage as I
haven't
seen it in daylight yet. Is PJ Grady's in NY? If it is, I think that
that may
be the closest workshop. If you have any advice, I'd really like to hear
from
you. Thanks again for your trouble.
Claire Lowe.

eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/dmcnews