[dmcnews] re: New Owner - Steering

From: "Robert S. Rodgers" <rsrodgers@xxxx>
To: <dmcnews-digest@xxxx>
Subject: re: New Owner - Steering
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:13:25 -0400

>Though the previous owner had replaced the rack and
>pinion steering not too long ago, I find that from center there is about
>5 to 10 degrees of play in the wheel before it starts turning the
>wheels.

I had a similar experience recently, although not as serious. PJ Grady
replaced the steering rack for me about two years ago, but recently the
'play' in the steering returned. He redid the shims (N/C) when I had the
car in for service and now the steering is tight again.

I use my car as a daily driver, and I have started to post my service
records on my website ( http://members.home.com/rsrodgers/DMCpage.htm )

Robert S. Rodgers
mailto:bob.rodgers@xxxx http://www.ConsultRSR.com
mailto:rsrodgers@xxxx http://members.home.net/rsrodgers