[DML] Re: respect and courtesy

[MODERATOR NOTE:  For those who have asked, this message contains a mild example of hearsay.  Please be very careful when referring to conversations outside the DML.  - moderator Mike Substelny]

For some reason, my e-mail account was screwing up and I misses many
messages. I just briefly caught up and I would like to say this...

I received, and still continue to receive, praises from random DMLers for me
speaking my mind. They say they agree with what I say but are afraid to
speak their minds publicly. I find this very sad. It's sad that people are
afraid to speak their minds and that "others" are creating this fear. I have
yet to receive one single negative e-mail from anyone! (Ok, so now I might
get one... ;) ) Why is it that only Marc and I are the only ones who are
100% not afraid to see and speak the truth? Marc and I are friends and we
are in the same car club, but we don't sit around talking about this to each
other. It's just not worth our time. We each have better things to do and
talk about. Lately, the interaction we've had is him helping me fix another
one of my cars in his garage! And it's not even a DeLorean! I didn't have
the knowledge to do the work he helped me with... he actually did most of
it! So, anyone who says that he's not helping anyone, you can go jump off a
cliff! He's been extremely generous and helpful with my car, as well as my
girlfriend's SUV. So in my mind, anyone who attacks Marc for not helping
others, is just swimming in ignorance. I bet Marc would even help fix Sonny
V's car. (if Sonny V actually existed and he had a car... lol)

I also read a post saying that they don't see me helping others with
technical problems... well, that's true... they don't see me... at least not
publicly. I usually e-mail people privately instead of clogging up the DML
with tons of posts that are all the same info as others are saying. (Maybe
Dave T. could learn something from this technique... ;) ) I've also helped
people on a first hand basis... yes, I've helped many out first hand as many
other DMLers have.

Getting back on the topic at hand, the reason for me speaking my mind is I
like this list, but I would like to see it balanced more. There is a clear
bias with SOME of the moderators and it has been this way for some time. I
was simply living with it until the whole Sunny V topic was being "swept
under the carpet". That was just plain wrong and it was painfully obvious.

My question is, why can't ALL members of this list simply cut the crap, and
sign their names to their posts? This is simple and basic common courtesy.
If you want anonymity, join another list. I wish the mods would make this a
rule... Yes I know, someone can still be sneaky and create another name and
hide behind it, but there's always going to be some loser out there doing
this. If someone does do this, I can only imagine how pathetic their real
life is to dedicate so much of their time to be deceptive on a list on the
internet... geez...

Darryl, maybe someday I'll have enough extra cash to buy your last DeLorean
from you... I'd like to see you post with no fear... :)

Nice Job Darryl.

---Evil Dan