[DML] Re: NEW OWNER FINALLY!!!!!!! Question regarding Insurance

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "racaliendo" <RACaliendo@xxxx> wrote:

> My question for the list regards insurance. I'm a 28 year old male
> with a perfect driving record. However, the quotes that I have been
> receiving for insurance would make all of you cry. My current vehicle
> is insured with State Farm, but my agent's office assures me that
> State farm will not insure Deloreans.

Hi Richie,

After reading your message I called my State Farm agent out of
concern, since I plan on buying a DeLorean later this year. I was
assured that it would be "no problem". I informed them that others had
stated DeLoreans are "blacklisted" by State Farm, so she even called
their underwriters just to be sure. The response: "I have no idea why
anyone would say that. We have no problem insuring DeLoreans."

The quote: $336.00 for a 6 month premium. Deductables are $500
collision / $100 for theft or other non-accident damage. I am also in
my late twenties. Only differences between you & I are:

1. I live in Washington State.
2. I am married.
3. My homeowners insurance, two vehicles, and my children's life
insurance is all carried through my State Farm agent.
4. I've been with the agent since I was 16 (with the exception of 3
years in my teens where they dropped me for too many speeding tickets)
 and my parents have been with the agent for at least a decade before
that. Don't know if that gives me special treatment or not.
5. I DO have one accident on my record. NOT my fault, someone ran me
off the road on purpose, but because there was no contact between the
vehicles and no witnesses it was deemed a single car accident. Thus,
"my" fault.
6. They've also agreed to insure the 20' hovercraft I'm building in my
garage, even though *everyone* I've spoken with says "State farm will
not insure hovercraft, period."

My advice, try other State Farm agents. I'm sure someone else would be
happy to take your business.