      1. Re: My no start situation...
           From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>
      2. AW: Conflicting Advice. Who's right?
           From: "Elvis Nocita" <elvisnocita@xxxxxx>
      3. Phil Haro
           From: "Joe Thome" <joethome@xxxxxxx>
      4. "Bruce, Almighty" connection
           From: Josh Haldeman <jhaldeman@xxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Conflicting Advice. Who's right?
           From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>
      6. Re: hard start
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: hard start
           From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>
      8. Re: My no start situation...
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. 5w30?
           From: "thomaspaulmccoy" <thomaspaulmccoy@xxxxxxxxx>
     10. RE: Parts for a sad ebay DMC-12
           From: "Scott Gardner" <gardners14@xxxxxxx>
     11. Wet ignition problems
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Bosch ignition wires
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: 5w30?
           From: "David Teitelbaum" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Conflicting Advice. Who's right?/5w30?
           From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: 5w30?
           From: William T Wilson <fluffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. Re: Re: Conflicting Advice. Who's right?/5w30?
           From: Mark Noeltner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 19:15:25 -0000
   From: "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: My no start situation...

Your problem is most likely in a component that is exposed in the
engine compartment. I am suspecting two possibilities. The fuel pump
is not running because the RPM pickup on the coil is not making a
good connection or, more likely, the voltage increase relay in the
engine compartment needs to be removed and reinserted or replaced.

This relay is often overlooked and can cause a hard start if it is
not supplying the increased voltage to the coil when the starter
motor is turning. The connections on the relay are all exposed and
removing and reinserting it can assure a good contact. Check the
blue/yellow wire connection down by the starter motor too. This is
the voltage supply wire going to that relay. Sometimes that plug-
connection can become contaminated. Smearing a little "bulb grease"
on the connections will keep moisture off of them. It is probably a
good idea to check and clean all the connections on the ignition
resistor while you're at it.

Check and clean the coil wires at the coil connection. A
little "bulb grease" on the connections will help keep the moisture
out too.

Harold McElraft - 3354

Message: 2