      1. Re: help!- start problem
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
      2. Re: Side Accent Stripes
           From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: One of a kind Delorean-Pilot Car
           From: "erikgeerdink" <erikgeerdink@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: anybody in colorado??
           From: Dick Ryan <deloreanbiker@xxxxxxxxx>
      5. Continuing: help!- start problem
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Dominos Pizza Car on Ebay
           From: James Espey <james@xxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Re: Hi from Evansville
           From: wingd2@xxxxxxx
      8. Texas All British Car Day - Round Rock, Texas
           From: James Espey <james@xxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Re: Side Accent Stripes
           From: "HotPop" <dmcboy1der@xxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: when car dealerships go bad
           From: RJRavalli@xxxxxxx
     11. DeLorean needed in East Lansing, Michigan
           From: James Espey <james@xxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Havent read a good book lately
           From: "treehouse2000us" <treehouse2000us@xxxxxxxxx>
     13. Re: Dominos Pizza Car on Ebay
           From: "treehouse2000us" <treehouse2000us@xxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Re: Dominos Pizza Car on Ebay
           From: Joe Bachmann <joe.bachmann@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: Havent read a good book lately
           From: deloreanernst@xxxxxxx
     16. Re: Dominos Pizza Car
           From: "Jason Rowe" <rowejj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. Re: Havent read a good book lately
           From: Louie G <louie@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     18. Re: Dominos Pizza Car on Ebay
           From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
     19. Re: Re: Dominos Pizza Car on Ebay
           From: "Tim Ruckley" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 08:26:40 EDT
   From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: help!- start problem

Rob, Some more suggestions:

The car was running rough, both at idle(searching)and while driving.
( Searching or seeking at idle while the car is hot is a sign of the CO
needing to be adjusted. Air flow sensor adjusting screw.)

 The idle speed motor is turning on.
( more than likley a short in wiring somewhere allowing the motor to turn on
when the screw is backed off or a bad switch or wires are connected up wrong
or an improper adjustment.)

 Voltage on the resistor on the bottom right side during cranking was 4.8
 volts.
( To low, This is a sign of the starter dragging down the voltage due to age
or wear or the battery is weak on charge or maby has a dead cell and dropping
to low in voltage during cranking. The voltage should be around 10 + volts )

Voltage at terminal 15 of coil was about 4.3 volts.( Should be the same as
resistor.)

Cleaned terminals at plug going into firewall.
Timing is slightly reatarded.( Why isn't it set at 13 degrees BTDC)
Took out RPM relay and checked it out, alright.( This has to do with fuel
pump turning on and warm up regulator getting voltage to operate)
Mixture appears to be fine.( Mixture isn't ok if seeking )
Question, Is there a relay pluged into the scoket to the lower left of the
resistor. If not, Plug on in.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com

Message: 2