      1. Re: compressor belt
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Tire sizes
           From: Jamie Hamlin <jhamlin@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. Door Launchers
           From: "John L. Rahn" <john_rahn@xxxxxxx>
      4. back to the future prop help and location!?
           From: "James La Londe" <deloreandmcxii@xxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: compressor belt
           From: Jan van de Wouw <jvdwouw@xxxxxxx>
      6. A/C Mode Switch
           From: "Shain Brannan" <shain@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Tilley website
           From: Jamie Hamlin <jhamlin@xxxxxxxxx>
      8. LED's and strange wiring
           From: "M. P. Olans" <mpolans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: compressor belt
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. Re: Tire sizes
           From: "B Benson" <delornut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Re: Tire sizes
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Re: Tilley website
           From: kayoong@xxxxxxx
     13. Re: Havent read a good book lately
           From: "Rob Hook" <rob_hook@xxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Havent read a good book lately
           From: id <ionicdesign@xxxxxxxxxx>
     15. power window motor assembly wanted!
           From: "C. C. Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1@xxxxxxx>
     16. Stainless Steel Illusion
           From: "Digital Devices" <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. RE LED's and strange wiring
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     18. NEW Redesigned auto governor computers
           From: Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     19. DeLorean eBay Motors Category
           From: Christian Williams <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 14:01:23 -0000
   From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: compressor belt

Taking the belt off will stop the noise if that"s where it's comming
from. There won't be any ill effects except that there will be no A/C.
A better course of action would be to remove the belt and if the noise
does go away all you have to do is replace the bearings in the idler
pulleys. This is not too hard a job as after removing the belt you are
halfway done! The bearings are not very expensive and it's hard to
drive the Delorean without A/C. When you order the bearings from a "D"
vender they will also send you an "O" ring to replace behind a cover
behind one of the idler pulleys. You can get the bearings localy but
just remember to get that "O" ring too.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Adam" <acprice1@xxxx> wrote:
> My compressor and/or idler pulleys make lots of noise. I was
thinking
> of just taking the belt of them to eliminate the noise until I can
> fix the stuff. I just want some input on this, any adverse effects,
> is it a crappy idea, etc?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Adam

Message: 2