      1. Re: Trans fluid.
           From: "dursman" <dursman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Re: Trans fluid.
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
      3. Re: Darryl's AC fan mod
           From: Mark Noeltner <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Re: left fender - another version
           From: Andrew <aos+yahoo@xxxxxxxx>
      5. Question Re: Taillight Mod
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: what kind of turbo?
           From: "B Benson" <delornut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: Re: Question about steel bottle
           From: Christian Williams <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: Re: Question about steel bottle
           From: Richard Strecker <dmc1219@xxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Cooling Fan doesnt kick on - SOMETIMES
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 17:31:57 -0000
   From: "dursman" <dursman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Trans fluid.

Yep, its a manual... thanks for the help.

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "janvdwouw" <jvdwouw@xxxx> wrote:
> ---  "dursman" wrote:
> > Can anyone tell me the exact location for the fill cap,
> > filter, drain plug (if there even is one of these) for the
> > transmission fluid?  Thanks, and sorry for the ignorance.
>
> Do you have an auto or manual box?
> Makes a lot of difference...
> If memory serves me right, an auto has an extra dipstick for
> the ATF somewhere near the front fire wall in the engine
> compartment and has a separate final drive, while the
> manual has the final drive and gears combined...
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Jan van de Wouw
> Thinking Different...   Using a Mac...
> Living the Dream...   Driving a DeLorean...
>
> #05141 "Dagger" since Sept. 2000
>
> --------------------------------

Message: 2
   Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:44:48 EDT
   From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Re: Trans fluid.

In a message dated 8/6/02 11:47:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
erikgeerdink@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hi,
> Assuming you have a 5 speed tranny, the filler screw is on the
> passenger side of the tranny.  The drain plug is on the bottom of the
> tranny.
>
> Erik

anyone have any good tips on removing the check plug on the manual tranny?

mine won't budge.  what type of tool works best on it?  i know my fluid is

good because i had it cracked open and cleaned last year -but i want to be

able to check it at my leisure.

Andy

Soma576@xxxxxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596