      1. non-obvious vacuum leak
           From: Peter Lucas <lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: storage AND INSURANCE!
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
      3. Re: Door Lock Module (long)
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      4. oil pressure light sender
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
      5. RE: oil pressure light sender
           From: "Willie Mack" <wmack@xxxxxx>
      6. DeLorean raffle
           From: "Joe Thome" <joethome@xxxxxxx>
      7. Re: oil pressure light sender
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      8. Any want to trade your DeLorean (model) for mine?
           From: Joe Fedeli <fedeli@xxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: people and air intake
           From: François Laplante <laplanca@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     10. pictures of intake
           From: "Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1@xxxxxxx>
     11. Internally or Externally balanced?
           From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. fuel line metal tube
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
     13. Car Show at Topping Virginia
           From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Seven twos
           From: "K Creason" <dmc4687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. DeLorean Midwest Tech Session/Car Show
           From: "David Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2001 22:30:32 -0400
   From: Peter Lucas <lucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: non-obvious vacuum leak

A few months ago I replaced my water pump (an *excellent* way to get
to know your engine compartment, BTW).  Before this procedure, my
engine ran flawlessly. Afterwards, I found myself a disappointed
member of the Slightly-Rough-Idle-When-Cold Club.  Naturally I
started looking for a loose wire or a vacuum leak.  I looked
*everywhere*. Couldn't find a thing.  I was just about to throw in
the towel and take my manifold off again to check those deep
connections until...

Last night, for unrelated reasons, I happened to be underneath my D.
As I lay there enjoying the view, I happened to glance at the front
of the automatic transmission. "What", I wondered, "is that funny
bent tube sticking out of the front of my transmission?"  Then I
noticed the vacuum hose dangling right below it. In a flash of
insight I put two and two together. Then I put tube and hose
together.  My engine has been purring happily ever since.

The front of the transmission would have been the *last* place I
would have looked for a vacuum leak resulting from a water pump swap,
but evidently I disturbed the line leading from the engine to the
transmission fluid pressure modulator (which is what, as it turns
out, we are talking about) enough to break the connection.

So, there's another item to add to the "where to look for air leaks" checklist.

--Pete Lucas
    VIN #06703

Message: 2