           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
      2. New Guy in town
           From: bripie83@xxxxxxxxxxx
      3. Roy Nesseth
           From: dmcgauley@xxxxxxxxx
      4. Custom DMC on eBay
           From: BondAtomic@xxxxxxx
      5. Re: Custom DMC on eBay
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
      6. Re: Roy Nesseth
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
      7. performance air intake
           From: "Cameron Putsch" <putsch.1@xxxxxxx>
      8. Re: storage
           From: srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Mon, 03 Sep 2001 05:52:09 -0000
   From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: storage

All fuel should be removed from the tank. It is alright to raise the
car and block it up either by the frame or the suspension just use
good quality jackstands (with rags so you don't scratch the epoxy).
Change the anti-freeze if old or at least test it so the car won't
freeze. Suck out the windshield washer fluid. For longer periods of
storage more steps could be taken like fogging the cylinders, lowering
the tire air pressures and covering the tires, dessicant in the
passenger compartment etc. Keep any animals from getting in the
garage, they can chew up wires, upholstery, carpeting, put acorns into
the exhaust system and the like. Some camphor balls under the car can
help but make sure ALL holes are sealed in the structure so tiny pests
cannot get near the car. Remove everything loose and vacuum and clean
the car inside and out. Taking the car out of storage can be as
important as putting in in. Replace all fluids INCLUDING BRAKE FLUID
AND CLUTCH, turn the motor over by hand, fully charge the battery and
so on. To keep the battery alive during the storage of the car you
should store it in a heated area on a piece of wood and hook it up to
a trickle-charger 1 day a month. I have seen cars stored without any
steps as it was only to be a little while. Months become years and
then it is a real mess. Still the way you reactivate it can be at
least as important as the way it was stored.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Lynn Metz" <metzlynn@xxxx> wrote:
> Group:
>
> Storage questions:  My car is going to stored starting in about 3
weeks and
> will not be moved or run for 12-14 months

Message: 2