      1. Shifter repaired and "DMC Envy"
           From: "Payne" <bpayne@xxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Re: New exaust system (was stainless steel air filter box)
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      3. Re: K&N Setup from Eurofest
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Is Dave Sontos still around?
           From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. RE: K&N Setup from Eurofest
           From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: K&N Setup from Eurofest
           From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: K&N Setup from Eurofest
           From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: K&N Setup from Eurofest
           From: "Chris Parnham" <chrisparnham@xxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Re: blackout headlight covers
           From: deloreanernst@xxxxxxx
     10. Turn signals
           From: tmasterlc@xxxxxxx
     11. Re: Question about on-car spin balancing tires
           From: "robert parker" <roberthparker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. Turn Signals
           From: tmasterlc@xxxxxxx
     13. Re: Eurofest
           From: "robert parker" <roberthparker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Delorean t shirts
           From: Christian Williams <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: K&N Setup from Eurofest
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
     16. Re: Delorean t shirts
           From: Trevor L Johnson <comet4055@xxxxxxxx>
     17. fuel pump
           From: Meyerleem@xxxxxx
     18. start problem
           From: "Steve Bunnell" <dmcsteve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     19. RE: Delorean t shirts
           From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm@xxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 22:08:06 -0700
   From: "Payne" <bpayne@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Shifter repaired and "DMC Envy"

Earlier this week my shifter snapped off, frustrating me and disabling my
car.  But now I think it may be fixed.  I gave it to one of the Honda techs
at my work and he welded it back together, also re-drilling the roll pin
hole.  Let's just say putting the lever back in the shift assembly was not
fun.  They really didn't make the linkage easy to take apart, but with a
good hammer anything can be done!  I can drive it again, but I'm not sure if
I can trust the weld to hold in the future.  Or anything I fix myself for
that matter.

After all this, I had to go for a nice long celebration drive (DeLorean
withdrawals are a real and terrifying thing).  When I went down our main
street one block was closed off and there was 10 or 15 brand new Porsches on
display.  As I rolled up to the intersection, every person previously
drooling over the German sports cars stopped what they were doing to stare
at the D.  It was great!  I had the windows down and I could hear people in
the crowds talking about it.  And Later I was passed by a truckload of guys
who all waved and gave me shouts of approval.  I love this car!

John DeLorean, I can't thank you enough!

Payne
Proud owner of #2975

Message: 2