           From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: When and where in Cleveland?
           From: "Dave Sontos" <dsontos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Carpet Color
           From: John Yeoman <theshovel1224@xxxxxxxxx>
      4. Camshaft
           From: "Chris C" <petleech@xxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 22:57:35 -0000
   From: "Dave Swingle" <dswingle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: My Delorean Stopped Dead in the Water

I purchased a replacement fitting for this wiring(connector, wires, 2
lugs) for about $9 from one of the DMC suppliers a few years ago.
Kind of expensive for a plug and a couple of lugs, but it was OEM.
Any other quality connector should be functionally equivalent. Saw a
car last week where it was wire nuts and extension-cord wire, that
was probably a LITTLE too crude, but it did work.

> > It should not surprise anyone to learn that our fuel pump
connectors are
> > wearing out.  My car did the same thing earlier this year.  I
thought it
> > was the inertia switch, but it turned out to be the electrical
> > connections to the fuel pump.  They do not last forever.  My
advice is to
> > cut the wires, go to a hardware store, and buy some sort of strong
> > connector to replace it.
> >
> > Everyone should probably replace this connection in the next few
years.

> > - Mike Substelny
> > VIN 01280, 7 years

Message: 2