      1. Re: battery sparks and no-start
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
      2. DMC on TV
           From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxxxx>
      3. tune up question
           From: "Adam <acprice1@xxxxxxxxxxx>" <acprice1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: temp gauge
           From: "Dave Swingle <swingle@xxxxxxxxxxx>" <swingle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: rich fuel mixture and "clicking" noise
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
      6. RE: battery sparks and no-start
           From: "Scott Mueller" <scott.a.mueller@xxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: battery sparks and no-start
           From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      8. Re: Re: temp gauge
           From: Peter Lucas <lucas@xxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: battery sparks and no-start
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
     10. Re: battery sparks and no-start
           From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Re: tune up question
           From: "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     12. BTTF delorean in the movies
           From: kkoncelik@xxxxxxx
     13. Re: tune up question
           From: "ksgrimsr <knut.s.grimsrud@xxxxxxxxx>" <knut.s.grimsrud@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 08:23:43 EST
   From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: battery sparks and no-start

In a message dated 1/29/03 11:07:38 PM Central Standard Time, dherv10@xxxxxxx
writes:

> Andy, If the starter solenoid is engaged or stuck in a position that there
> is
> a short you will get the spark and the current draw. But if it loosens and
> the starter drags when trying to start, even in cold weather, then it's
> replacement time. Brushes are worn and sludge has built up inside to make
> it
> do that.

List,

yes i have tried jumping the car also.  no start.  it only turns over, sounds
about 80% the usual speed during the summer.  i doubt it's dragging - the
DeLorean starter is supposed to be pretty darn bullet proof, right?

all fuses seem to be good, all relays are tight, the F.Valve and pump work
when i jump them.  is there anything behind the driver's seat where i could
have knocked something loose? anything else in the relay box?

i really don't think the problem is in the engine bay - again i haven't
touched anything back there since it ran last month.  any other ideas?

I appreciate the help!
Andy

Soma576@xxxxxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596