           From: Richard Lew <evm2k@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: "media1524" <brentlun@xxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "twinenginedmc12" <twinenginedmc12@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: mrvideosawyer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Stian Birkeland" <delorean@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Jeff" <Gr8old1@xxxxxxx>
           From: RJRavalli@xxxxxxx
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: john fredt <hecklerkochgmbh@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "content22207" <brobertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: john fredt <hecklerkochgmbh@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: john fredt <hecklerkochgmbh@xxxxxxxxx>
           From: Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Bob Brandys <BobB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "Trevor Johnson" <dmcboy1der@xxxxxxxxxx>
           From: "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx>
           From: MPolzin@xxxxxxx
     23. Non Starting problem
           From: "vin2105" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 04:44:55 -0800 (PST)
   From: Richard Lew <evm2k@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: annoying misfire

James:

I did a full tune up on my car and found one of the
new spark wires arcing just underneath the fuel
distributor.  The way I found it was the use of a
mirror to look from the back to the distributor and
saw the arcing. It took me about 2 weeks of searching
and replacing parts before I stumbled onto that.

Richard

--- jamesrguk <James_rg@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am still having an annoying misfire, I am pretty
> sure it down to an
> injector that is passed it's sell by date, as it is
> not spraying very
> nicely.
>
> To my knowledge the spray pattern on a mechanical
> injection system is
> more crucial than on an EFI system because the
> valves are not always
> open at the point of injection.
>
> I am fairly sure the misfire is fuel related for the
> following
> reasons:
>
> 1) My timing light suggests that all plugs are
> sparking
> 2) All plugs are less then 8 months old.
> 3) 2 of the injectors are new, 4 are 2nd user but
> appeared to be
> clean and ok when 1st installed approx. 10 months
> ago, and the engine
> has run fine until recently.
> 4) All of my HT leads are new as well as the cap and
> rotor arm.
>
> Anyway my question is really why are the injectors
> getting blocked?,
> have I just been unlucky?
> I have a new fuel pump, clean tank, and a filter on
> the fuel pickup
> and had the main fuel filter change about 10 months
> ago.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> James RG

> team, please address: