           From: "aaron_t_graham" <aaron_t_graham@xxxxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Breaking it
           From: "Christopher M. Hawes" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      3. RE: Re: Fuel Pump Terminal Corrosion
           From: "Montgomery, Ken" <kenm@xxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: Re: Fuel Pump Terminal Corrosion
           From: <hbreer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. Re: Fuel Pump Terminal Corrosion
           From: "B Benson" <delornut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 20:39:04 -0000
   From: "aaron_t_graham" <aaron_t_graham@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Breaking it

My brake lights went out a couple of months ago.  There were
basically four things I needed to check (otherwise I was going to
need to do a lot of wire checking):

1) Maybe The circuit boards connections are bad.  I'd heard these
were a problem, but I didn't think this was the case because (I
assumed) it wouldn't explain all 4 lights going out at the same time.
2) The bulbs...Likewise with (1), it wouldn't explain them all going
out at once.  I tested the bulbs anyway.
3) A fuse.  I checked and replaced just to make sure, but that wasn't
the problem.
4) The switch.

Sure enough, it was the last thing I checked (the switch).  After
taking the switch off I noticed that the switch was stuck in the "in"
position (obviously, since the lights were off).  I used pliers and
quite a bit of force to get it un-stuck, but it didn't work after
that.  Ordering a new one was quick, easy, and cheap (I guess), and
installing it took about 5 minutes.

Aaron

Message: 2