      1. Re: Early vs Late
           From: "dmc6960" <ultra@xxxxxxx>
      2. Re: Dry Cell Battery
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Turning circle?
           From: "Walter Coe" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      4. Re: TA bolt incedence!
           From: "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
      5. RE: TA bolt incedence!
           From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      6. Forbes Magazine March 19,2001 DeLorean Fraud
           From: Senatorpack@xxxxxx
      7. RE: italdesign accesories
           From: Senatorpack@xxxxxx
      8. Clocks and Radios
           From: Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      9. Re: Urethane Suspension Bushings
           From: wingd2@xxxxxxx
     10. Re: italdesign accesories
           From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     11. Re-manufactured t-bars?
           From: RJRavalli@xxxxxxx
     12. Re: Parts question
           From: id <ionicdesign@xxxxxxxxxx>
     13. Novice Maintenance Questions
           From: Doug Hornsby <govenorofvirginia@xxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Best Built DeLoreans
           From: dmcimf@xxxxxxx
     15. 20 year old appology!!!
           From: "Paul Salsbury" <paul.salsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     16. RE: Novice Maintenance Questions
           From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. Re: 20 year old appology!!!
           From: "Joseph Molino" <foxmul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     18. RE: 20 year old appology!!!
           From: "JDL" <jdl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     19. Re: Re: TA bolt incedence!
           From: Senatorpack@xxxxxx
     20. Re: TA bolt incedence!
           From: "tmpintnl" <tobyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     21. Re: Re: TA bolt incedence!
           From: "Adam Price" <acprice1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     22. RE: trailing arm bolt incident
           From: Darryl Tinnerstet <darryl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     23. Re: Novice Maintenance Questions
           From: abatt10347@xxxxxxx
     24. Re: Dry Cell Battery
           From: "B Benson" <delornut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
     25. Re: Service in Charlotte
           From: "reuterconsulting" <reuterconsulting@xxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:18:16 -0000
   From: "dmc6960" <ultra@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Early vs Late

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Les Huckins <jhuckins@xxxx> wrote:

>TA bolts:  both Toby who
> came up with the bolts and Darryl who will be selling the bolts have
> early VINs, in the 2000 to 3000 range.  Each had the only stories of
> near failure of the TA bolts when that thread was running...I
wonder if
> there was a change later.

Les, if I may throw in my first hand experience with my Late 81 (Nov -
 06960) I have had a near-failure experience with my trailing arm
bolts.  I lost all the shims on my passenger side bolt, so that
trailing arm kept getting tossed in and out from wheel torque.  I
never realized how severe my problem was untill my slave cylinder
exploded and I was looking around under the car.  If I havn't have
seen the gap without shims, I would have very likely had a breakage
in the near future.    (Keep reading...)

> Craig display failure:  I've repaired eight units, none had the
clock in
> the display.  Could they have changed the flex material when they
got to
> the clock in the display version?

I do have one of these Craigs with the built-in clock.  The flex
circuit still looks like it takes the unruley bend, but I've never
seen an older craig up close to compare.  Unfortunately, I damaged
the tape mechanism, rendering the whole radio useless, the night
before departing on my trip to Houston last August.  Les, the only
reason I think you've never seen a craig with the built in clock is
that there were so few of them put in the cars.  If somebody would
like this unit, let me know.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960