      1. Re: DeLorean Repair Shops (was sad DeLorean)
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
      2. Re: Sad DeLorean in need of good Mechanic(L.I. NY)
           From: "Walter" <Whalt@xxxxxxx>
      3. Re: Exhaust Manifolds
           From: "gwells" <gwells@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
      4. Re: twin turbo
           From: "Jim Reeve" <ultra@xxxxxxx>
      5. Side mirror adjustment docs
           From: dmc4687@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
      6. CORRECTION
           From: "DMC Joe" <dmcjoe@xxxxxxx>
      7. Re: twin turbo
           From: scott-c-arnold@xxxxxxxx
      8. Re: Starting Problems
           From: Jason Pucci <jasonsdlo@xxxxxxxxx>
      9. RE: Re: twin turbo
           From: deloreanss@xxxxxxx
     10. rear suspension parts for sale
           From: delorean502@xxxxxxxxxx
     11. Re: Instrument Cluster Lens
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
     12. Re: twin turbo
           From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
     13. RE: Re: Legend (Was: twin turbo)
           From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: Re: twin turbo
           From: deloreanss@xxxxxxx
     15. Re: Delorean Molds
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
     16. RE: Legend (Was: twin turbo)
           From: "Marc A. Levy" <malevy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     17. Re: Delorean Molds
           From: theshovel1224@xxxxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 16:22:52 -0000
   From: jtrealty@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: DeLorean Repair Shops (was sad DeLorean)

There are many shops across the country that could work on a Delorean.
All of the venders will work with a local shop and talk a mechanic
through procedures. Some even have some experience or worked for
Delorean dealers and were trained on Deloreans.
 If you want a "refurbished" Delorean though your choices are limited.
In that case you only have basically four places to go that have the
parts and expertise to be able to claim "refurbished". Two are in
California, one in Texas, and one in New York. There is no standard
for "refurbishing" or "rebuilding" a car, any car, including
Deloreans. Every shop does different things. To compare you must be
knowledgeable about cars so you can compare "aples with apples". I
would think one of the most important things would be the warranty.
This gives a measure of the vendor's confidence in their work.
Reputation is also very important. Be patient and shop around. Prices
aren't going up on "refurbished" anytime soon and in light of the
economy maybe they will even drop.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

> I, too, have had pleasant dealings with Rob Grady and pretty much
all of the DeLorean
> vendors and service facilities.
>
> This thread has offered some good suggestions, but I want to point
out a few more options
> that no one else has mentioned.  First, I have found Dave Bauerle in
central Ohio to be
> very honest, and he runs a first class DeLorean service operation
right in America's
> Heartland.  Second, DML subscriber "DMC Joe" has been known to make
house calls on
> occasion.

Message: 2