      1. Re: Brushed  stainless finish
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
      2. things that go bump in the night
           From: "Mike Cutting" <mcutting@xxxxxx>
      3. Engine Oil
           From: senatorpack@xxxxxx
      4. 1/18 scale D question
           From: delorean502@xxxxxxxxxx
      5. It's for sale...and this time I mean it.
           From: "Ben" <tahoe98@xxxxxxxxx>
      6. Re: Cleaning DeLoreans
           From: "B Benson" <delornut@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
      7. Re: things that go bump in the night
           From: Soma576@xxxxxxx
      8. Re: things that go bump in the night
           From: deloreanss@xxxxxxx
      9. Airconditioning Question?????
           From: jrhamilton1@xxxxxxx

Message: 1
   Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 14:29:43 -0000
   From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Brushed  stainless finish

I've personally never seen a DeLorean with a polished finish. But I
did speak w/a tow truck driver once who said he had to pick one up
that was polished to a mirror finish. According to him, the owner was
moving, but didn't want to risk taking the car on the highway for
fear of debris striking the finish and runining it. Once the car was
up on the flat bed, he wrapped the car cover on. This of course would
be a huge concern since aside from rocks, you would then have to
worry about sand storms, plastic bags, and flying newspapers.

On a related note, I've seen on other cars a silver/mirrored window
tinting. It does reflect light, but no worse than the blacktop on the
road, or the glass windows of other cars do. So I don't think SS with
a polished finish is any more of a hazard than brushed SS rubbed down
with oil is. It would be more a question of practicality.

-Robert
vin 6585

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, Jack The Stripper <motti@xxxx> wrote:
> This raises an interesting question.  Has anyone ever seen a
DeLorean that has
> had it's entire stainless skin polished to a mirror finish or even
heard of any
> existing?
>
> Joe

Message: 2