      1. After Market Rims
           From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
           From: dherv10@xxxxxxx
           From: Delorean17@xxxxxxx
           From: Heydudetoo@xxxxxxx
           From: "James" <james@xxxxxxxxxx>
           From: Farrar <smeghead79@xxxxxxxx>
           From: "Patrick Cowan" <LilRedCivic@xxxxxxxxxx>
           From: knut.s.grimsrud@xxxxxxxxx
           From: knut.s.grimsrud@xxxxxxxxx
           From: sk1pper@xxxxxxxxxxx
           From: DMCVegas@xxxxxxxx
           From: "Eric J. Hennebury" <ehennebury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     14. Re: What year is my car.
           From: "Jason Smith" <jake@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     15. Re: Back on track! (update)
           From: srubano@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
     16. Hey dude, what year is my car?
           From: Cory Whitehead <carman@xxxxxxx>
     17. Re: Back on track! (update)
           From: Heydudetoo@xxxxxxx
     18. Re: Re: D sighting: Roanoke TImes Article
           From: E Grauff <datamonk@xxxxxxx>
     19. Re: After Market Rims
           From: "Sacha Prins" <sacha@xxxxxxxxx>
     20. Re: What year is my car.
           From: Trevor Johnson <comet4055@xxxxxxxx>
     21. RE: Back on track! (update)
           From: "Buckner, William" <William.Buckner@xxxxxxxxxx>
     22. Re: Back on track! (update)
           From: William T Wilson <fluffy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
     23. Re: fan troubles
           From: Delorean17@xxxxxxx
     24. Re: Re: After Market Rims
           From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
     25. volts one day, none the next
           From: Christian Williams <delorean@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 19:34:35 -0700
   From: "Donald Ekhoff" <ekhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: After Market Rims

All:  A while back I took the time to locate a set of rims that would just
bolt on and fit without spacers or any other mods.  I just checked and they
are still available.  I was really pleased upon seeing them first mounted on
my D.

Go to:  www.discounttiredirect.com
search by wheel type:  Konig  Monsoon

Sizes:
Rear:   17x8   4-100/108 20S         Rear Tires:  235/55-17
Front:   15x6.5   4-100/108 40S     Front Tires:  195/55-15   ( I mounted
205's and they are a little tight but OK)

Pick you tire brand and don't forget lug nuts (12mm).  This is a good
value/easy solution.

FYI the stock tire diameters vs. new recomendations are:
Rear:    26.1"   vs. (new) 27.2"    Closer to stock would be a 235/50-17 @
26.3" diameter.  (I liked the bigger tire.)
Front    23.2"   vs. (new) 23.4"

As you can see you can really match diameter and still get a lot more rim to
look at.  About my only complaint is that my nose and tail plastic caps look
dull by comparison to the silver on the wheels.  They needed repainting
anyway (oh well).

Don Ekhoff

Message: 2