Re: [DMCForum] windshield replacement (scroll down for on-topic questio

Re: [DMCForum] windshield replacement (scroll down for on-topic question)

Yellow pages under "Glass". Most of the places do mobile service now. Just

call 3 or 4 of them with the info on the vehicle and pick the cheapest or
the one that sounds the most competent.

I gotta do my wife's windshield before the car comes up for safety
inspection in January. Called around and located a shop just down the road

that will come over and install it in the driveway for $50 out of pocket.
Rest on insurance ($250 deductible and they discount $200 of that).

Mark N
VIN 6820

At 04:10 PM 11/24/2003, you wrote:
>Actually I prefer my truck with the chipped windshield, broken armrest,
>and dirt. If it were painted silver I might have to wash it, but as it
>is dark grey and most dirt if dark grey I figure I'll let it keep that
>nice "matte finish". The only parts of my truck I wash regularly are the
>parts I have to look through. And I am one who believes that if it ain't
>broke, don't fix it. (Concours fans beware when I get my DeLorean:
>"Upholstery? Hey, it runs. And like any good bachelor, I have towels in
>the car." Muahahahahaha!) Plus when the truck is dirty it covers the
>fact that the bedcover I bought doesn't QUITE match the colour of the
>truck. Not that it matters anyhow. It works. :) Although since you
>mentioned it, I'm going to think of some good colours for my truck in
>case I want to change it. I don't think the dark grey is really "me",
>but it was available and I was desperate at the time.
>
>However, the "armrest" was broken when somebody broke into my truck a
>little while ago and stole my pool cue and air compressor. (MAN I was
>pissed about that compressor.) I guess I'll have to fix that; nowhere
>for my right arm to go on road trips, although it could be a handy
>excuse if there's a woman in the car: "Well, where ELSE can I put it?
>The armrest is broken." Hm.
>
>Windshield is beginning to be a pain though when it rains. :( Tires
>bought, I guess windshield is next, but I'll probably wait until closer
>to the March inspection. ;)
>
>All right, enough rambling.
>
>Anybody know a good windshield place, the kind that will install it
>while it sits in the parking lot at work? I have heard of those places.
>
>Farrar
>
>Andrei Cular wrote:
> > Rich:
> > Why don't you like the I-4 parking lot?
> >
> > Farrar we could always gullwing your truck and paint it silver if you
were
> > to bring it down... Jim appears to be good with chop saw, and I can
put
> most
> > things back together and have should have access to a paint booth by
> then...
> >
> > Andrei

<http://rd.yahoo.com/SIG=12c6ds4de/M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egro
upweb/S=1705126215:HM/EXP=1069953717/A=1853619/R=0/*http://www.netflix.com
/Default?mqso=60178356&partid=4116732> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=267637.4116732.5333197.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1853619/rand=774034813>