[DMCForum] Re: Greeting from Fall Foliage

[DMCForum] Re: Greeting from Fall Foliage

Sounds like you had fun. I'm really glad you got that information on
your engine. Forgive me, but I knew you were running plugs that were
too hot. I had no idea about the gas though. You said you'd ping and
knock on hot days but I thought that might be a timing issue.

A "mother & daughter" team to participate in WHAT events???

Probably not what I'm thinking.

Rich

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx>
wrote:
> Greetings from the frozen north. Is COLD on NJ shore this time of
year.

> Have met David Teitelbaum in person. He does not read DMCFORUM
because
> is not moderated. Says enough.
>
> Rob Grady conclusively identified my block. Identical to Volvo B27.
ID
> tag is Renault, but "R30" is a car model designation, not engine
> model. Would be correct to say "engine that goes into an R30". Is
> 9.5:1 compression. Source of SO much difficulty for SO long -- I've
> been screwing around with 89 octane and plugs that are too hot.
> Dropped in a set of Delco R42's and started burning 93 octane
> exclusively. Is a whole new experience. FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER
> REDLINED MY CAR! Was so excited I wee wee'd all over the leather
seat.

> Watched re-run of Monster Garage with Rick G, the man himself.
People
> up north are a bit more abrasive -- teased him a god bit. Of course
> he's a Yankee too so I think comments just slid off.
>
> Was in line ahead of Rick's twin engine. Only Prelude block
currently
> running. A bit too much weight for the Japanese. His Cadillac block
is
> high compression 500 something, but gas tank only 5 gallons. He'll
be
> lucky to travel 50 miles between stations. Even the Prelude block
> needs a fillup at 80 or so.
>
> Ken K taped a "Going to Pigeon Forge" plug. Actually it's a "Going
> Pigeon going Forge to going Pigeon going going Forge..." plug.
Totally
> disfunctional, even after several takes. Should make fun viewing if
he
> uses.
>
> I-95 North sucks. Is the most useless highway on the face of the
> planet. I can't believe they charge you $10 in tolls to use the
stupid
> thing. At least am halfway home in DC (sorry Rich and Mike, no time
> stop by). Thank God for the American South.
>
> Confidential to Rich and Mike: are a mother/daughter team in western
> MD (Susan & Tiffany) who would be amenable to participating DC area
> events. Or so they say.
>
> Long enough post from a man whose DeLo is now smoking but who just
> spent 5 hours idling the thing in a 3 lane parking lot...
>
> Bill Robertson

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=152560567>