Re: [DMCForum] interior questions

> I am having trouble with the head liner on the doors.
when i got the car the headliner was hanging down. So I used spray
glue to try to keep it on but it still fell off. should i use two
faced tape? is there a method i'm not thinking of?

Headliner fabric is a two-ply deal.  The outer layer is the pretty fabric,
and the back layer is foam.  With age the foam layer turns to powder or
sticky goo.  Since the outer fabric usually still looks good, many people
get the idea that only the foam needs work, but this is not practical.
The
right way to fix it is to scrape it all off and start over.

Your local JoAnn Fabrics or other old-lady sewing shop probably stocks
replacement headliner material in a shade of gray that is close enough to
match the DeLorean.  There are a lot of details to explain about
installing
new headliners, so ask if you want to know.

The most expensive way to go (but probably the nicest) is to buy the kit
from PJ Grady.  You get a whole new headliner (doors and two center
sections) ready to install.  This replaces the old paperboard backing that
tends to absorb moisture and sag with age.

> also was wondering what you use to clean the dashboard
and that type of stuff.

I suggest staying away from Armor-all.  3M makes a good product that with
some elbow grease will remove brown stains from gray dashes & binnacles.
If
you want the exact product name, ask and I'll go find my bottle.  It was a
free sample at the last "DeLorean Car Show" in Memphis.

Walt

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3897168.5135684.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1706996/R=0/SIG=11p5b9ris/*http://www.ediets.com/start.cfm?code=
30509&media=atkins> click here