Tell Darren to wait until engine re-assembled for decision on CPR.
Maybe dollar will re-find some of its lost value by then...

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx> wrote:
> Well, I've been chasing my own gremlins today. Fitted a set of new fuel
> hoses and HT leads yesterday. Result? Engine acting as if it has a
> massive vacuum leak *sigh*. Then dropped a crucial o-ring and having
> trouble finding a replacement. I think I found the source of the vac
> leak, should now be okay, but stuck ont his sodding O-ring.
>
> It's nice working with my engine because the thermal vac valve under
the
> intake is not used - all vac hoses and connections are accessible on MY
> car :-)
>
> Darren says £120 for a refurbed one. Let me kow if you decide you do
> want one. You should have a vac pipe strait off the manifold going to
> the top port on the CPR.
>
> Martin
>
> content22207 wrote:
>
> >Yes, but Darren's on THAT side of the pond. We could use him over HERE.
> >
> >Suspect have been living off silicone for most of last year. Had I cut
> >back on the carb cleaner might still be living off it. Note that
> >silicone at top was stuck excellent to head and manifold, even though
> >that's where cleaner puddled. Obviously couldn't seep to metal
> >surfaces. Was missing at bottom, so that's where gap had to be. Doubt
> >if it did my cheap O rings any good either, and their bottom seal was
> >tennuous to begin with. Whole arrangement probably would have
> >disintegrated eventually anyway, so I guess is just as well now.
> >
> >Will switch to electrical contact cleaner on DeLo and save carb
> >cleaner for Lincolns (MEN's cars). Gaskets vs O rings.
> >
> >Remember: this wasn't a debilitating leak. Idle wandered, but car was
> >imminently driveable. Was getting worse however.
> >
> >Make you a deal: if reseating manifold solves my problem, will find
> >SOMETHING nice to say about little European engines. BUT: if your's
> >ever misbehaves, you have to find something nice to say about big
> >American blocks (we're talking the de-emissioned carbureted variety).
> >
> >Bill Robertson

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1524963/R=0/SIG=12o885gmo/*http://hits.411web.com/cgi-bin/autore
dir?camp=556&lineid=3614674?=egroupweb&pos=HM>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=259395.3614674.4902533.1261774/D=egroupm
ail/S=:HM/A=1524963/rand=979312836>