Re: [DMCForum]Decadent pleasures denied Martin G

Re: [DMCForum]Decadent pleasures denied Martin G

My water costs 59 cents a gallon.  Where do you buy your gas?

Jim

On Sun, 31 Aug 2003 13:37:28 -0700 (PDT) Louie Golden
<louie@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> If I remember right the 4.6 liters put out around 260 hp in their
> blandest stock form. There was a *HUGE* opposition to them when they
> came out from the diehard Mustang and Ford people over here. I think
> the latest Cobra Mustang 4.6 is putting out 395 supercharged hp.
>
> The US market is just totally backwards of any other in the world...
> you got that one right, Martin. The general US population wants a
> large smooth car with as large as possible of an engine. Low end
> power is what's hot over here. A testament to that is the fact that
> Sport Utility Vehicles seem to be totally replacing cars over here,
> and the SUVs seem to get bigger and bigger and bigger with every
> passing year. Yet performance cars like the Plymouth Prowler died
> within a few short years of small batch production. Why didn't this
> car go over well? Because it had only six cylinders. Yeah, it was
> more powerful than many 8 cylinder cars around here, but the public
> just won't buy it. The same thing could be said about why the
> DeLorean tanked so bad over here. Fuel economy just doesn't matter
> to most Americans. And why should it? You can buy a gallon of gas
> for less than you can buy a gallon of milk or water!

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1693353/R=0/SIG=11t71ok4g/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6
0178294&partid=3170658> click here