[DMCForum] Warped intake manifold

No, sounds like I'm sucking air at cylinders 2 and 5 AGAIN. We've been
down this path before. That's why I sealed in bed of silicone last
time I had intake off. Am not real impressed with these neoprene or
whatever O rings. Don't think they can handle the heat. This time will
buy a set of industrial teflon. FWIW, am wondering if acetone in carb
cleaner melted silicone as I tested leaks. Cylinders 2 and 5 were air
tight last fall.

With all due respects to your wonderful European buzzy engine
designers, would it have killed them to use a few more bolts to hold
intake down? Ford saw fit to use no fewer than 10. And here's a stroke
of genius -- they ran them whole length of heads, not just in the
corners! IMHO are just asking for trouble bolting an aluminum manifold
this way.

Am guesstimating my intake is slightly warped. Will put a straight
edge on it tomorrow.

THIS is why I like my 460's. Takes a little while to de-emission them
and rip all that vacuum crap off, but once you're done, you're done.
An oil change here or there, AND THAT'S IT. Period.

Am not opposed to replacing CPR, but need Darren to look up Renault
output pressure vs units DeLo vendors are selling. No sense buying the
wrong one.

As if I don't have 1001 OTHER things to do...

Bill Robertson

>--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Martin Gutkowski <webmaster@xxxx> wrote:
> Sounds like your CPR might be duff and definitely well past the time
> when you should have bought a gas analyser.
>
> Martin
>
> content22207 wrote:
>
> >Just popped out a couple of spark plugs. Ash white. Am definitely
> >running too lean (set fuel mixture the way Volvo boys do, but
> >apparently wasn't quite right).
> >
> >All the pieces fall into place:
> >-Lower performance after CPR warms up (my ONLY onboard device
> >affecting fuel mixture, don't forget)
> >-pre-ignition in 100 degree sunshine
> >-HOT engine (ask anyone who races cars: "fuel cools")
> >
> >May have been chasing vacuum leaks when I should have been twiddling
> >mixture screw. Will road test & adjust after lunch.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1693353/R=0/SIG=11t71ok4g/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6
0178294&partid=3170658> click here

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupm