[DMCForum] Re: Rich's A/C

No problems with my own vehicles (have replaced 3 expansion valves and
2 compressors, but that isn't really related to conversion), but 2
DeLo's game me fits:

Louie G: Didn't have wrench to remove compressor fittings, so we just
vacuumed and recharged. Sucked 3+ cans no sweat, but never got cycle
going. Tried driving vehicle to force more air over condesor and pull
more RPM's on compressor. Must have had obstruction somewhere after
condensor because compressor screamed and fitting into condensor
started to leak freon (what WERE those PSI's?). Car currently at
guru's house for variety of pre-SEDOC work. He got A/C cycling OK, so
need to find out if he flushed or exactly what was done otherwise.

Mike C: no problem removing compressor fittings. Poured flushing fluid
in high side and reconnected, but never would force out low side.
Again think system must have been obstructed. Plenty of suction into
compressor. Output noticeably lower than Lincoln, but should have been
enough to force SOMETHING through. Perhaps Rich can use his new air
compressor to blow out backwards (unstopped one of my throttle
suctioning valves that way). DeLo compressor fittings not shaped to be
reversible. Hopefully Mike remembers he's still driving around with a
quart of flushing fluid in there!

Meanwhile I have completely recharged #5939 three times:
-Innagural trip in friend's driveway: flushed and vacuumed.
-After returning home: vacuumed again (used his Oldsmobile for vacuum
and didn't trust: wasn't tightest fit on nipple. Plus we all know what
kind of engine performance General Motors provides...).
-Changing valve cover gaskets: vacuumed yet again (now have dedicated
nipple on PRV, which will eventually power cruise control).

With $3 per can freon you can recharge to your heart's content.

Wrote my procedure for Dave Swingle's web site. Generated much
negative feedback from New Jersey...

Latest Lincoln had DOA A/C from New York to DC, but the windows rolled
down! (what a radical design concept). Has sun roof but that generates
way too much wind on the highway. Replaced compressor and expansion
valve in parking lot of friend's firehouse (Crystal City Station 5 --
first to respond to the Pentegon!). Flushed, vacuumed, and recharged
with much sweat (was July), but cool as a cucumber rest of way home.
R12 jockeys can kiss goosebumps on my air conditioned assets.

If you're at SEDOC will let you test drive R134 conversion for comparison.

Bill Robertson

<brobertson@xxxx> wrote:
> [...]

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.3656312.4921743.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1457554/R=0/SIG=11c6fnta2/*http://ipunda.com/clk/beibunmaisuiyui