RE: [DMCForum] Re: fuel system clean out...

RE: [DMCForum] Re: fuel system clean out...

>I don't know if you're trying to clean the tank in place, or remove
>it and clean it.

I have the pump and sender out and have already cleaned the inside of the
tank while in place.  The tank, and fuel pump, were so clean it was as if
someone had done this just before I bought it.  The fuel pump cleaned up
look like it just came out of the box.  I used a hand pump to remove about
six gallons of fuel and wiped the inside of the tank down with white rags.
They were just stained from the gas, no black stuff.  I may have damaged
the
screen that lays under the plastic piece though, not sure.  I haven't
found
a good picture of how it is supposed to look.

There was no varnish or any black goo, really no trash at all in the tank.
The suction hose is a bit squishy.  The previous owner said it was his
daily
driver, and had sat about six to eight months after the accident to when I
bought it.

>See if you can cobble together a fitting that allows you to
>join your fuel supply line to your fuel return line -off- the fuel
>distributor. You'll then energize the pump and have it dump right
>back into your bucket. Dear Lizza, dear Lizza.

That's a good idea, methinks.  So, the only thing I need to bypass to do
this would be the fuel distributor?  If so, any suggestions on cleaning
out
the fuel distributor? I know not to take it apart.

Thanks again,

Greg

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=251812.3170658.4537139.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512
6215:HM/A=1693352/R=0/SIG=11tralmvc/*http://www.netflix.com/Default?mqso=6