[DMCForum] Gas Mileage was STARTING PROBLEM

[DMCForum] Gas Mileage was STARTING PROBLEM

My father was a traveling salesman and he said that in
the evenings in the hotels in the small towns of
Minnesota he and the other salesmen would swap info on
gas mileage.  He said it was much like swapping fish
stories; ie, the first liar never had a chance!

With that in mind, our DeLorean Touring Society takes
a couple of 2000+ mile trips a year with 5 or 6 cars.
We have a tiwn turbo, a single turbo, a "stock" engine
and a Houston engine.  We ususally fill up every 200
miles or so because that is when the ladies insist on
pottie stops.  We always look to see who put in the
most and least gallons.  We are invariably within .1
or .2 gallons after 200 or so miles.  We consistently
run at or above speed limits and we seem to run
between 23 - 26 mpg depending upon heat, headwinds,
traffic, etc.
Around town, at least for me, usually results in a
1-2 mpg reduction.

I've heard of higher mileage and I don't doubt it, but
anything under 19/20mpg is certainly telling you that
there is a problem.  I'm not certain, but I seem to
recall that the window sticker showed something in the
range of 21/22 mpg.

Dick Ryan

http://sbc.yahoo.com

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=194081.3551198.4824677.1261774/D=egroupweb/S=170512