From: JVC220@xxxxxxx [mailto:JVC220@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 2:19 PM
To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [DMCForum] car running....cold

Do your radiator fans run full time?  My car runs exactly as you described

yours with the needle barely going over 100 in most cases.  I purchased my

car about 4 months ago.  My fans currently run full time because the wires

are jumped to let them do that.  I know they aren't supposed to be that
way
but they were that way when I purchased the car and I am going to leave
them

that way until I can figure out why the previous owner did that.  Anyway
this
weekend we disconnected the wires and allowed the car to idle without the
fans to make sure my temp gauge was working and in a matter of minutes the

car was at 220.  We hooked the fans back up and the temp went back down.
What all this is saying is that if your fans run all the time, that might
be

a cause of the running cold.  You may also have a defective water
temperature
gauge.

Adam
Gainesville, FL