Re: [DMCForum] Porsche 6 speed conversion

Re: [DMCForum] Porsche 6 speed conversion

Mark,

Yep, you are right on all points.  How about starting with a larger piece
of
bar stock and cutting it down?  Also, I noticed that there isn't room for
an
extra pair of CV joints anyway, but there is room for one.  If it were
located close to the tranny and hung from a bearing & bracket, I think
this
would solve the problem.  I hate to see Jim go to all this trouble only to
find out that the CV boots only last a couple of miles.

On Andrei's theme of there is no such thing as too much information, here
is
some more useless trivia.  I read somewhere in, "Grand Delusions" that JZD
patented a cable drive transmission that worked like an oversized
speedometer cable.  From what I know about it, it didn't work well because
it produced too much noise & vibration.  But in the case of the DeLorean,
it
wouldn't need to make such a sharp bend IF you could locate the materials.

Walt

Will You Find True Love?
Will You Meet the One?
Free Love Reading by phone!