Re: [DMCForum] FYI: TankZilla has a 10 year track record

Re: [DMCForum] FYI: TankZilla has a 10 year track record

> Sorry Walt. You are mistaken.
> No Version of TankZilla has EVER had an external power source.
> It has always worked without the need for external power.

That is interesting!  I'll plan to show you the contraption I have at one
of
the next shows.  This one uses the VDO sender cut down the same way as the
TankZilla but the interface box is gray steel with a 4th wire that's
orange.

After playing with both the new DMCH sender and the TankZilla (the
official
TankZilla in my car now), I like the TankZilla better.  The only
reliability
problem that I could foresee with it is that moisture could damage it IF
the
car were allowed to sit improperly stored.

As for the DMCH sender, magnetic reed switches tend to go bad with use,
and
it isn't necessarily from the switch contacts wearing out.  It is from the
magnetism wearing off.  I think that in a few years people will be seeing
jumpy fuel readings because of it.

My opinion at present is that the DMCH sender would be better for show
cars
that are seldom driven since the more the fuel sloshes, the quicker the
reeds wear out.  And it would last a lot longer in a corrosive environment
(hence, improper storage).  The TankZilla would be better for a daily
driver
where sloshing fuel would keep moisture from rotting the top.  And
mechanically, it loves use.  An OEM would never use magnetic reeds in a
fuel
sender.

Walt