[DMCForum] fuel sender designs

> The problem
with the fuel sender is that it doesn't have a power supply as such, so
you're limited to what you can use.

This raises an interesting point.  The early TankZilla has a separate
power
supply lead to connect to +12V.  The later ones draw the current it needs
from the circuit making it plug & play.  If we really needed a separate
power lead, we could have an adapter plug between the connections for the
fuel pump.  I like the idea of using hall effect transistors.  Do they
work
on static magnetic fields?  Or does the field need to be fluctuating?

I forgot to mention another failure I had with a magnetic reed.  I used
one
on a fuel flap for a car alarm.  It worked for a few years and then quit.
liked the sealed design because the last thing I wanted was a sparking
switch right at the mouth of fuel tank.

Walt