  From: Walter Coe
  To: DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Wednesday, December 11, 2002 8:02 PM
  Subject: Re: [DMCForum] Re: To buy or not to buy VIN 7007 and 10792

  > Does anybody have a clue why the lambda-counter and lambda relay were
  removed?
  > What is that good for?

  The only thing that the lambda counter does is turn on a light on the
dash
  at 30K miles.  Once it comes on, you have to reset the module (by
turning a
  hard to grab "knob").  The purpose is to remind you to replace the
oxygen
  sensor in the exhaust pipe.  That is ALL it does.

  One advantage to eliminating it is that there now might be less strain
on
  the angle drive from having to turn it.  But I would be worried that it
  wasn't done right.  There are issues with the way the lower cable runs
from
  the angle drive to the lambda counter.  There are two versions: a longer
  earlier version and a shorter later version.  Most people end up
converting
  to the later version because it puts less strain on the weak angle
drive.
  Rumor has it that DMCH is soon releasing a new reproduction angle drive
for
  under $80.

  Walt