[DMCForum] Re: To buy or not to buy VIN 7007 and 10792

[DMCForum] Re: To buy or not to buy VIN 7007 and 10792

Going from those pictures, the frame looks good.  Were you able to
jack the car up and really take a look at the frame?  If you can do
this, bring a tool with you to see if the epoxy will chip off
easily.  Don't worry if it does, because if its to that point the
epoxy wasn't doing anything anyways...besides keeping in the
moisture.
How do these two cars run?  how do they handle?  Is one much better
than the other?  You may also want to contact Rob Grady or DMC
Houston and ask them if they have any information on those VIN
numbers.

Take care,
Erik

--- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ryan Hood" <dixon@xxxx> wrote:
> Thanks Erik!
>
> >Tough choice.  Both have their ups and both have their downs.  I
> >guess it depends on how much work you were planning on doing
before
> >you even saw these deloreans.  Were you thinking you might want
to do
> >a frame off?  or more cosmetic and mechanical (not structural).
Do
> [...]
has to
> look nice when finished but I want to drive
> the car regularly (at least from may->november).(On weekends etc..)
>
> >If you were planning on buying a delorean, working on it a bit and
> >driving it as much as possible, pass on both these cars and keep
> >looking.
> > its expensive to work on these cars in the states.  i can't
> >imagine what it would be like to work on them in Germany unless
you
> >have a great local source for parts.
>
> Actually you can get every part that you need here in Germany. For
nearly
> the same
> price that you pay in the states. If there is any part not
available I could
> get it easily
> from the states (if its not too big/heavy...)
>
> >I hope for the best in your decision.  Please keep us updated.
>
> What do you think of the frame from 10792?
> Domyou think it's ok? Right now I'm seriously thinking about
buying that car
> because
> the interior is not such a big problem for me...
>
> Ryan
>

> --- In DMCForum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "wwwhoodde <dixon@xxxx>"
> <dixon@xxxx> wrote:
> > First of all I want to thank Walt for his great help and advice
in
> > finding the perfect car for me.
> > I live in Germany and it's pretty hard to find somebody that
knows
> > alot about Deloreans and is also willing to help.
> >
> > The last week I drove around and saw 2 cars for sale here in
> Germany.
> > The first one looked very bad. (VIN 10792, grey, 5Speed)) It had
> > stuck drivers door, fascias painted in wrong color (and not
mounted
> > properly),
> > wrecked up seats, missing lambda-counter(?) and relay, speedo not
> > working, repainted(!) dash, broken passengers-side doorlock and a
> > lot of other things.
> > (And looots of dust ;-)
> > But the frame looked very good. Price for that car: $12.000
> >
> > The other car was Vin 7007(grey, automatic). The body and
interior
> > looked very nice. Also the engine was in a very nice condition
and
> > cranked right up.
> > The bad thing: The frame looks very rusty. Price: somewhere
between
> > 13.000 and 16.000 I think.
> >
> > I've posted the pics in the Photo-Album Section under "To buy or
> not
> > to buy 7007 ... and 10792..."
> >
> > Walt already gave me some comments on both cars but I (and Walt)
> > would really like to hear the opinions and comments of other
> > dmcforum members.
> > What do you think is the better deal?
> > What do you think about the frame from VIN 7007?
> > What do you think of the overall condition of VIN 10792?

Service.