Re: [DMCForum] Low budget Mr. Fusion and logo design

Re: [DMCForum] Low budget Mr. Fusion and logo design

I have never experienced any brittleness when heating PVC.  It tends to be
elastic and wants to return to the shape it had before bending.

I suggest making the pipe a little longer than you need but still small
enough to fit the oven.  Then cut it to final length after you are through
shaping it.  This is because the ends will probably warp unevenly.

Schedule 40 pipe would be more forgiving but stiffer to work with than the
thinner Schedule 20.

I suggest making the top of the Mr. Fusion clear so that it catches light.
Then put a mirror behind the window in the chamber with a beer can & fake
banana peel visible.  Maybe have a small light shining on it so people can
see what's in there at car shows.

I remember seeing the making of that set of scenes.  Christopher Lloyd
couldn't see through the prop glasses and had to run over to Marty blind.
It took him a few tries to do it right.

Walt

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/mG3HAA/HliolB/TM