Re: [DMCForum] turbine engines [was: Video]

Re: [DMCForum] turbine engines [was: Video]

Andrei,

First I must admit I chuckled when you said "that was a long time ago."
The
1960s were only a few decades ago, but then again since I deal with the
17th
century on a daily basis, perhaps it's all in my perspective. I consider
the
DeLorean to be a fairly recent car, even though I was two years of age
when the
first one rolled off the lot. Of course, considering how technology moves
by
leaps and bounds, especially in the last forty or fifty years, the 1960s
can be
long past!

But back to the car stuff: I didn't read the comments at the bottom of the
page.
As far as the government killing the project, Bob Sheaves doesn't claim to
be an
expert, anyway (he can't spell "straits", either) -- I've never heard of
him,
but I don't know my automotive names aside from DeLorean and Iacocca. I
was more
concerned with the technical information, photographs, and schematics. I
freely
admit to being nearly completely ignorant of turbine engines, since I
haven't
even mastered the internal combustion ones yet. I can only have one hopbby
study
at a time.

At any rate, if anybody has any further ideas on installing a turbine
engine in
a DMC-12, please post them here! I believe we should use the DMCForum to
share
our information, even if it is only speculative.

I'll shut up now. Send complaints to:

Farrar Hudkins
New Orleans, LA
--