Re: [DMCForum] turbine engines [was: Video]

Re: [DMCForum] turbine engines [was: Video]

That was a long time ago.  Today you the efficiency of the turbines is
much
much better.  Engineers have also developed transmissions that would allow
the turbine to stay and a set RPM where it is most efficient.

That site says that it was the US Govt. that killed the project, not
totally
true.  The biggest factor in killing the project was all the
misconceptions
that the public had.  Howmany people even know how a turbine engine works?
When the general public hears jet turbine they think of airplanes where
you
are moving a very large amount of air.  Yes a turbine does need more air
than an equivalent piston engine, but you do not have to use the air to
provide thrust.

Take a look at some of the stuff these guys at nye thermodynamics have
done
http://www.gas-turbines.com/

Andrei