RE: [DMCForum] Stuck in the doldrums....

RE: [DMCForum] Stuck in the doldrums....

Good idea. I know I've got good fuel pressure all around (had a garage
test
it for me). If I've got the injectors off, would it be an awful thing just
to put new ones on? What's the life of an injector anyway?

All of these problems are not temp related. I've got a new CPR installed.

Here's another question. On the primary pressure regulator... when you add
more washers behind the spring, does that restrict the amount of fuel
returning to the tank?

> It is possible that you got some particulates in the system while you
had
> the fuel lines open.  Try to determine if the symptoms are temperature
> related -- if it is worse with a cold engine or is present all the time.
> Temperature related problems are usually caused by the control pressure
> regulator.  If you are a serious DIY'er, invest in a fuel pressure
gauge.
> This will go a long way toward helping you diagnose fuel system
problems.
> Also pick up a copy of "Bosch Fuel Injection Systems" by Forbes Aird,
ISBN
> 1-55788-365-3.  Chapters 6 & 7 are all about Continuous Injection like
> what
> is used on the DeLorean.
>
> I suggest the following test:
>
> Unseat all the fuel injectors and aim them into a test fixture.  If you
> don't want to spend the money on one, you can get by using 6 graduated
> cylinders or even small jars if you are really cheap.
>
> With the ignition off, jumper pins 87 & 30 in the RPM relay connector so
> that the fuel pump runs continuously.  (See section D:02:02 in the
> DeLorean
> Workshop Manual.)  No fuel should leak from the injectors with the air
> meter
> plate at rest.
>
> Pushing on the air meter plate will cause the injectors to spray.  The
> spray
> patterns should be cone-shaped.  Slight asymmetry is okay as long as the
> fuel volume from each is within 10% of the others.  Drips or streams are
> not
> acceptable.
>
> Let us know what you find.
>
> Walt