[DMCForum] import or domestic?

I do not know if and when this has been discussed so I thought I would ask
now since the number of posts is low.  What is the consensus on the De
Lorean being listed as a foreign or domestic vehicle?  I would think since
the DMC was an American company that the car would be considered domestic
regardless of where it was manufactured.  As a reference, my Nissan was
"built in the USA" in the Tennessee assembly plant but is considered an
import.  Is this just a case of my not fully understanding what determines
company's designation?

I sent an email to NADA asking them about this as they had it listed in
the
import section and here is the reply I received.

Greg, The reason we list the Delorean in the Import section is that a
Delorean is known as a Import its that simple.
Best regards,
Editor
www.nadaguides.com
N.A.D.A. Appraisal Guides
P.O. Box 7800, Costa Mesa, CA 92628
(800) 966-6232
(714) 556-8715 Fax

"Your Destination for Vehicle Information"

4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/ySSFAA/HliolB/TM