RE: [doc] Kent Modified Car Show This Sunday/Speed Warning

RE: [doc] Kent Modified Car Show This Sunday/Speed Warning

I've just had a very interesting day as part of my temporary job with the
Magistrates/Fixed Penalty Office as we had a day out at the "Safety Camera
Unit" seeing what they do and the processes involved from examining the
films from the cameras to when the offenders are taken to court.

I think it's a joke though, that for the employee's and the building's own
"safety", the building has no reference to the SCU being there and all mail
is sent to a PO Box - you are not allowed to give the address out.

I suggested it would be better if camera's had the speed limits shown on
them, but that fell on deaf ears naturally.  I am still very sceptical about
the placement and use of both mobile cameras and Gatso's but I learnt a lot
today, a lot of it completely confidential of course, but lets just say I'll
be 'driving like Miss Daisy' from now on (Officer).

Seeya soon,

Claire

  _____