[doc] Re: Striker pins

Hi Stuart,
          No, this does not sound "normal". It may be worth
removing the pin and having a look at the thread. If its worn then
a new pin may sort the problem. If however the pin is ok, start
looking at the thread insert in the door frame. I have not had this
problem myself but would guess that the thread may be a rivet
nut insert. If this is the case the whole thing may be turning when
you try to tighten it up.

If its this internal thread in the door frame thats the problem
and its not a rivet nut, you could try repairing the thread with
a helicoil kit.

Regards
Nick H

--- In doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Stuart Nicholls" <things@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I've just started to get a problem with my passenger door
unlatching a bit

DOC UK Website: www.deloreans.co.uk