Re: [doc] 2004

Greetings from Norway!

I'm somewhat puzzled about the recent Eurofest-debate on this list.
Let's not quarrel, but let's get the facts...

I agree with both Robert and Chris....they both have their points...

I for one, and Chris and the rest I imagine, would like to drive the
test track every year if it was up to me/us. Still, I see Roberts
points of not having the event every year.

When one decides to do a major event like the Eurofest, there are
lots of things to prepare like Robert said. In order for the show to
be successful you need people attending, and there is a lot of work
involved plus the risky financial side of it all. Still, I think what
Chris meant was a small gathering at the test track, nothing major.
If someone in the club asked him to try and find out if/how it could
be done, I think Chris has only done his job as Club Secretary.

Still, I would think that the current factory owners wouldn't want
DeLorean cars spinning around on their track every year. And maybe
they would let us lend the track each year, only not to displease us.
But if they really was annoyed by small events, then Robert may have
a problem when getting the next permission to use the test track at
the next major Eurofest.

If you keep doing an event like this too often, it can get boring and
the attendance of the next Eurofest might not attract a lot of
people. Event though there are people from all over the world there,
only the DeLoreans come from Europe, and the majority of cars being
British. If you had driven the track every year, wouldn't it be
easier to drop the Eurofest event if something got in the way?

I for one, would like to help in preparing the track for the next
Eurofest provided it could be done only a few days before the actual
event. Robert, I think you will find lots of helping hands here on
this list. Do you need help for 2006? Please use us!

Robert and Chris, please shake hands again!
Make love, not war! ;)

We are all a part of the DMC History, let's continue to be friends
forever.

Respectfully yours,
Stian Birkeland
Norway