From: lawther [mailto:lawther@xxxx]
Sent: 11 August 2003 00:08
To: doc-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [doc] Gaydon

Really p***ed off to have missed Gaydon. I managed to get up in time,
despite imbibing freely of sparkly fermented grape juice at Saturday's
wedding, but saw clouds of white stuff in my mirror again on the M3.
Fortunately, it was not smoke but steam. I had a water hose split. Couldn
t effect a repair, so had to be RAC Relayed home. Funny thing was, the
garage who came with the relay truck, based in Twyford, had a logo
comprising a relay truck with a Delorean on it! The guy said they once
transported a D to (or from?) Guernsey, the story being that it was kept in
lieu of payment for UK certification fees. Could this be true?

The hose runs from the top of the water pump & thermostat housing out to the
left to a smaller diameter junction. It had been replaced with the engine
rebuild so I don't know why it has gone. It runs over some pretty hot metal
though.

Glad you had a good time, but I would like to have made it 15 cars, and seen
people.

regards to all

Tony Lawther

Southampton