RE: Grey painting with crap.

Martin,

My grey paint looks a lot better than it did. As its all done now so its
quite academic. I'm very happy with it.
If you really want to know about paint durability and rust prevention, you
need to own a 48' "deep sea going" steel yacht for a few years. ( like I
did) The secret is not what sort of paint you use, but to get "some paint",
any paint, on as soon as the slightest signs of rust of bare metal are
detected. Quick action is far better than waiting a while before applying
some "modern miracle cure".

I used Hammerite black on Delores's suspension about 5 years ago, it still
looks OK.

I too am a car restorer Martin and have personal experience going back over
30 years.

I'm sure the requirements on a rally car are far more demanding than on my
"cosseted cars".

The area's around my fuel tank are all like new and don't require painting.

Thanks for your input anyway Martin, but I think simply dismissing as
"completely crap", a hugely successful and popular product like Hammerite,
Is a trifle O.T.T.
I promise I wont blame you if it needs re-doing in a year or two.
Chrispy.